1. When someone asks your three year old what says, "Bak bak, bak bak, bak bak," he points to you.
2. Your spouse tells you that you are starting to kiss like a chicken….so you peck him on the cheek and waddle off.
3. Anytime you see something move in the grass, you quickly stop and scratch at the ground with your foot to see if you should catch it, you know, for the chickens….
4. You consider naming the store bought chicken you bring home because, 'that chicken was a somebody at some point too ya know!'
5. You talk to your hens as if they could understand you or would actually give a hoot even if they could. (And then get mad when they ignore your requests…..)
6. You tell your six year old son to go wake up his brother. He runs upstairs and you hear him crow: "Cock-a-doodle doooooo!" (Presumably right in his brother's ear….)
7.When your neighbor gets all giddy because he "got you some chicken poop" you know exactly what he means and you get totally excited too because you have never had the chance to actually use the Chicken Poop (chapstick) that you had blogged about years before. (I can now confirm it is better than the real thing….hee hee.) Thanks, Big E!
8. It takes you a week to get the lights on your
9. and 10. (Yes, this one really deserves at least two places….) You are happily making your typical old Christmas cookies when you notice that your "harp" cookie cutter produces cookies that look just like little chickens! After several dozen little chicken cookies later (and irritating two little girls in the process, both of whom work very hard sneaking in a bell and a tree and a heart whenever they can) you vaguely remember the great big metal chicken form (wall decor maybe?) that someone gave you as part of a gift basket last year so you ecstatically send your kid up to grab it while you make another two batches of dough so that instead of making little trees, bells, ornaments and snowmen you make this:
|The World's Most Gigantic Christmas Chicken Cookie|
|Or perhaps the World's Only Gigantic Christmas Chicken Cookie….|
you know, not including the
|It really puts a new spin on "baked chicken" doesn't it?|
Thank you, O' Great Christmas Chicken!*